ESSENCE OF PEAR MARTINI Fat’s Asia Bistro
2 ounces Grey Goose vodka
3/4 ounce fresh pressed Bosc pear juice
1/2 ounce triple sec
1/4 ounce sweet and sour
1 Tablespoon pear pearls
1 ounce pear froth
1 pint vegetable oil
3 3/4 ounces agar agar
450 grams pear juice
50 grams grenadine
- Pour oil into tall, narrow container and place in freezer for one hour.
- Peel and quarter 6 Bosc or Bartlett pears. Place through a juicer. Reserve 450 grams for pearls.
- Strain juice through cheese cloth. Place into sauce pan and bring to simmer.
- Once simmering, add agar agar and simmer 5 seconds. Remove promptly from heat.
- Place in a squeeze bottle and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Remove oil from freezer and drizzle pearl mixture gently into cold oil.
- Ice cold oil will shock the mixture, forming “pearls” as they fall to the bottom.
- Once done, strain and rinse with cold water. They are ready to use.
16 ounces pear juice
2 teaspoons soy lecithin
- Strain pear juice through cheese cloth and add to soy lecithin.
- Once combined, use hand/immersion blender to froth the mixture for 20 seconds. Spoon atop martini.
In a shaker filled with ice, combine fresh pear juice, Grey Goose, triple sec, and sweet and sour.
Shake and pour into a martini glass.
Garnish with pear pearls at the bottom and spoon froth on top.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Michael Cantin of Fat’s Asia Bistro