Frequent promotion of Bartletts achieves the highest volume, dollars and contribution for the total category.
What do Bartletts do for You?
As you can see below, Bartletts lead the pear category, accounting for 38% of total category sales. From July through September, Bartletts drive category performance, contributing 67.4% to total category sales. And the drive continues from October through December, with Bartletts contributing 61% of total category sales.
In recent research, pear data for July-October was pulled for 16 chains, and evaluated (chain by chain) based on promotion activity, overall sales results and contribution to the produce department. The chains were divided into five groups:
- High frequency summer promoters (3 or more promotions during July & Aug)
- Low frequency summer promoters (2 or less promotions during July & Aug)
- High frequency peak season promoters (3 or more promotions during Sept & Oct)
- Low frequency peak season promoters (2 or less promotions during Sept & Oct)
- Super Group (2 or more promotions during summer and peak season, with at least 3 of those promotions discounted by 15% or more off everyday price).