VANILLA CREME BRULEE-FILLED BOSC POACHED PEAR & FLORENTINE High Steaks
1 pint red wine
1 ounce mulling spice
- Peel pear and hollow out center leaving a rim around the edge.
- Poach pear in red wine about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Reduce the wine for a plate sauce.
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped, pod discarded
1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Whisk yolks, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and cream until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour by 5 ounces into small, oven-safe dishes at 300F in a water bath. Bake about 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Fill hollowed-out pear with baked crème brûlée.
Sprinkle with sugar and burn with torch or broil until golden brown.
Garnish with florentine curl for decoration.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Stephen Smith of High Steaks