STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN & BOURBON, PECAN, PEAR DEMI-GLACE Thunder Valley Cafe
For each serving:
2 pork tenderloin medallions
1 – 1.5 ounces Boursin stuffing mixture (recipe below)
4 – 5 ounces fresh chive mashed potatoes
4 rainbow carrots, sautéed
2 baby petty pan squash
2 – 2.5 ounces Bourbon Pecan Pear Demi-Glace
4 Bosc pear slices
0.5 ounce toasted pecans
1 slice blanched bacon
chives, for garnish
Pork Stuffed Tenderloin:
20 pork tenderloins (3 ounce pieces)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear pork tenderloin on flat top. Cool.
- Cut slit into side of tenderloin.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe in Boursin mixture.
- Blanch bacon slices 3 minutes. Drain grease. Do not let cool.
- Wrap bacon around pork tenderloin, securing with toothpick.
Boursin Cheese Stuffing
Makes 1 pound, serves 10
8 ounces Boursin cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces baby oyster mushrooms, sautéed
1 Bartlett pear, diced, poached
2 teaspoons fresh garlic
1 ounce fresh chives
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
Bourbon Pecan Pear Demi-Glace:
Makes 1 quart
3 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon ground shallots
1 Tablespoon ground garlic
1/2 pint pear juice (from canned pears)
1-2 cut pears
2 bay leaves
1 pinch thyme
2 pints demi-glace
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
salt and white pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add shallots and garlic, sauté.
- Add pear juice, pears, bay leaves, thyme, and demi-glace. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add salt, white pepper, and bourbon. Check seasoning and thickness (should be light with a little body – not a heavy sauce).
40 rainbow carrots
- Blanch in boiling salted water. Cool.
Petty Pan Squash:
20 baby petty pan squash
2 tseaspoons fresh garlic, minced
2 ounces olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut in half, long way.
- Marinate in olive oil and garlic for a half hour.
- Sear on flat top to get light color. Cool.
Chive Mashed Potatoes:
Makes 4 pounds, serves 10
3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
4 Tablespoons butter
1 pint heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 ounces fresh chives
- Cook potatoes until soft, about 30-45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine.
Grill slices of Bosc pear to get color.
Place 2 stuffed pork tenderloins on baking pan.
Bake at 400F for 4 minutes. Turn them and add petty pan squash. Bake until cheese oozes out and bacon is crispy.
In sauté pan add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Once hot, add carrots and season with salt and pepper.
Pipe or scoop mashed potatoes in center of plate.
Fan 4 slices of grilled pear on bottom of plate.
Arrange on top of pears: 2 pork tenderloins up against mashed potatoes.
Layer squash and carrots behind mashed potatoes. Garnish with chopped chives.
Drizzle bourbon sauce on plate and over pork tenderloin.
Sprinkle with crumbled pecans.
Garnish with 2 sprigs of chives into mashed potatoes and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Duane Luukkonen of Thunder Valley Cafe