PEAR VANILLA COCKTAIL
2 diced Bartlett pears (no need to peel the skin)
1/2 cup vanilla syrup, here is an option for your reference
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
2 ounces pear vanilla simple syrup (4 tbps)
1.5 ounces vodka (3 tbsp)
.5 ounces lemon juice (1 tbsp)
½ cup soda water
Vanilla Sugar Rim:
vanilla powder, here is an option for your reference
Pear Vanilla Syrup
- Place diced pears, vanilla syrup, sugar, and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. The liquid should start to thicken and turn a light amber color.
- Strain liquid into container. Press on the pears with a large spoon to squeeze out extra liquid. Discard the smashed pears.
- Let the syrup liquid cool.
- Dip the rim of the cocktail glass in small plate of lemon juice.
- Dip the wetted rim in another small plate of combined vanilla powder and sugar, twisting glass to coat the entire rim.
- Add cooled pear vanilla syrup, vodka, lemon juice, and a few pieces of ice into a jar with a lid and shake.
- Pour mixture into a vanilla sugar rimmed glass with ice and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a thinly sliced pear.
A few modifications can really spice up this cocktail. If you are looking for a spiced version of this cocktail here are some simple twists to try. Replace bourbon for the vodka, use ginger beer in place of soda water, or swap orange bitters instead of lemon juice. Lastly, you can create a “spiced” pear vanilla syrup by adding a few spices to your saucepan like two 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger, two cinnamon sticks, and a few whole cloves.