CALIFORNIA PEAR ADVISORY BOARD FALL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to all contestants based in the U.S. only.
Entries must be received by Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT
Sponsor: California Pear Advisory Board (or “California Pears” or “Sponsors”).
Administrator: California Pear Advisory Board (“Administrator”)
- Eligibility: California Pear Advisory Board Pear Lovers Gift Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the United States and who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of California Pear Advisory Board and their respective parent companies, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or household members (whether or not related) of each are not eligible. All United States federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes starts Thursday October 28, 2021 and ends Thursday November 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period use your web-enabled mobile device and launch the Instagram application for free at http://instagram.com. An Instagram account is required to enter this Sweepstakes. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply. From your Instagram account, visit the profile of @cal_pear. Find the October 28, 2021 post featuring the Fall Sweepstakes image. To enter the giveaway like the post, tag two other Instagram users in the comments, and follow @cal_pear. One entry per comment. Users may also submit one additional entry by sharing the sweepstakes post to their Instagram story.
By entering this sweepstakes, entrants accept these Official Rules and agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an Instagram account by Instagram. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Entries made by bots or other automated devices or by commercial sweepstakes subscription or entering services are ineligible.
You must have a data service plan with your wireless service provider or wireless internet service for your web-enabled mobile device and a device that supports the Instagram application to enter. By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand that data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details and mobile device capabilities.
- Prizes: Two (2) verified winners from the Sponsors post shall receive a grand prize consisting of California Pears to Compare Deluxe Gift box from A Gift Inside, West Elm cutting board, Hedley and Bennett apron and a $200 Visa gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $350. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize after confirmation. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries.
- General Rules: An Entry into the Sweepstakes may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic or contains nudity, disparaging, defamatory, derogatory toward any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. An Entry must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or promote any particular political agenda or message. An entry must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsors, other people or companies.
An Entry must not contain the name, likeness, voice or other indicia of any person, including celebrities, without the consent of that person. An Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses. An Entry may not identify any commercial content, including, without limitation, any trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, which must be used in compliance with these Official Rules. An Entry must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill of Sponsor. An Entry must not violate any law.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules or otherwise contains unacceptable content.
- Administration: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, inaccurate, incomplete, misdirected or stolen Entries, uploads, photos, hashtags or @mentions, or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including to your device. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes, including if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may select Potential Winners in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. If for any reason your Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION — ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
- Release: Sponsors, Administrators, Instagram and each of their respective promotion and advertising agencies, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support and all respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) shall have no liability, are hereby completely released, and shall be held harmless by entrants for any damage, loss, rights, claims or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of participation in this Sweepstakes or the award, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize (or portion thereof) , including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Entrants will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from any claims, liability, damage, loss, injury or death to persons or property caused or claimed to be caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes (or any activity related thereto); acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize; use of entrant’s name or city/state to announce the winners of the Sweepstakes; or use of winner’s name, city/state, voice, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to winner (if true) or city of residence, for publication, advertising and promotional purposes.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Copy of Rules and Winners’ List: These Official Rules will be posted on calpear.com/fall-sweepstakes-official-rules. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to California Pear Advisory Board c/o Farmers Communication Exchange 1521 I St. Sacramento CA, 95841
- This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram.